Monday, May 18, 2009

My Entire Life

Blog EntryMy Entire LifeNov 20, '07 3:31 AM
for everyone
(c) David Shrigley

I downloaded your life yesterday. I know you were born thirty years ago on an island near the equator. I know what your parents’ names are.

I know your first school. I know you cried on the first day at kindergarten. I know who your teacher was that day. I know what you ate for lunch with all those kids.

I know that at the age of thirteen you had your first kiss with a girl whose name you can’t remember. And now she also doesn’t remember you, and she is happily married. You are not.

Your sex life is ultimately non-existent. Your sex-appeal is ultimately non-existent. Your only skills involve numbers and codes on the screen of a machine. This is what you call your life and passion. Unknowingly you say hello to your friends everyday as they whisper to themselves how much of a failure you are.

But then.


I don’t know you at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment